Simple transparent and straightforward license for you.
Before we start, know that when we use the term “Designs” we mean icons, animated icons, illustrations, animated illustrations downloaded from Creattie website.
OK, Let’s jump in.
But what does “everything” mean? Here’s what's covered:
In what formats/mediums?
- Applications, for smartwatches
- All type of marketing materials
- Personal and company blogs
- Video clips
Did we miss anything? Please contact us if you have any concerns?
When you purchase a subscription to Creattie, you receive the right to download Designs and integrate them into your projects and productions combining static and animated media (we’ll call them “Projects”). By “Projects” we mean a human made Project and not an auto-generated Project.
Okay, you downloaded the Design and integrated them into your Projects. Now what?
You can use the Projects with Creattie Designs as you wish, everywhere!
If you’re hired to create the Project, your client is covered by your license and can use the Project anywhere. You and your clients can present and/or use the Project publicly, distribute it in all existing means of media, websites, applications, platforms, social networks, video sharing sites, television, other data storage devices, you name it!
If you want to add the Designs to your app or website so your users can incorporate the Designs into their own Projects, you might be interested in an Enterprise License. If that’s the case, just reach out and we’ll set you up with one.
The Designs can’t be used as standalones (visual/animation only) and/or without being part of another project. This means you can’t in any way use, present, publicly perform, copy, distribute in any manner, transfer, share, sell or give a license to the Designs as standalones.
Free Account User
If you are a non-paying user you can only free Designs or download watermarked versions of the Designs for preview.
For now and for all future time. Eternally.
The point is that once you downloaded Designs, you can use the downloaded Assets and your Projects forever and ever, even after your subscription has expired.
You can create Projects for your clients, but only you can download the Designs and use them to create a Project.
If you create a Project incorporating a Design, you can transfer this Project to your clients and to anyone else, so they can use the Project (but the License is only yours).
Keep in mind that if you collaborate with any third party in a Project or if you create a Project for your clients, you must make sure your collaborator and/or client complies with this License. Your collaborator and/or client must use the Projects in compliance with this License.
As long as you keep it reasonable, you can download as many Designs as you want during your subscription period and put them into as many Projects as you wish.
“Reasonable” means that you can download up to 40 illustrations or animated illustrations and/or 100 icons and animated icons per day. We consider downloading Designs by any automatic means, such as software, bots, etc., as unreasonable, and therefore it is prohibited.
The Designs you choose will be available for download in your library as long as you have an active paid subscription.
Simple as it sounds, this means that, as a creator, you should only incorporate the Designs into your creation.
What doesn’t count as your creation?
Any type of reproduction.
Basically, this License does not allow you to use, make available or present any Designs as a separate file. This means you can’t allow anyone to use the Designs as separate files for downloading, or any other use whatsoever.
This also means you can’t use the Designs to provide any services that compete with Creattie or with any of our artists. You also can’t resell them in any way, such as in design collections, design libraries, royalty-free design or licensing, etc. You can't resell and/or upload the Designs or any Projects to stock platforms. This includes not giving the impression that any Designs were created by you.
You can’t use the Designs in any manner which is illegal, contrary to court orders and/or which was forbidden by the provisions of any law. Also, you can’t use the Designs in any manner which may damage Creattie, its artists, any third parties, or their rights or reputation.
The Designs cannot be used: (i) in the context of pornography; or (ii) to encourage violence abomination, racism, hate, threats and discrimination against any person based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, community or nationality, (iii) hurting the helpless; (iv) violating privacy; (v) slander and any other insulting or illegal contents.
Since we understand there might be gray areas in this regard, contact us to explain your project and our team will let you know if this is covered. We reserve to ourselves the right to decide in each case whether a certain use of an Designs is considered a violation of the above and you undertake to accept our decision in this matter. Don’t worry, we have great professional skills and common sense.
Remember we told you that you are not the proprietary owner of the Designs? Well, this also means that you can’t register or claim ownership of the Designs or the Projects (or otherwise make it available) through any content detection and/or registration system, such as YouTube’s Content ID (CID), Facebook Rights Manager, etc.
In other words, you’re purchasing the right to use the Designs. You’re not purchasing the Designs themselves.
The Designs remain protected by copyrights and intellectual property of Creattie or its artists.
This also means that you can’t use the names of the Designs nor of its creator(s) or their artistic
name(s), except for giving them credit for their brilliant Designs.
Now that you know what a license is, by using this License, you understand and agree to the rights, obligations, liabilities and prohibitions specified in this License, that you do not and will not have any ownership or intellectual property rights in the Designs or any recordings thereof, and that your rights to the Designs will not exceed the rights described in this License.
The name you register for our services is the only person or entity who can use the Designs under this License, one seat at a time.
If you want to buy a License that can be used by your whole team with multiple seats, then purchase the relevant license.
If you want to make a subscription for a company, foundation or other legal entity you work for (not an individual), simply write the name of the entity when you sign up and the License will be in that entity’s name. Remember: This will give you just one seat to use the License, meaning that different people can’t use it at the same time, unless you have a special license with multiple seats.
This License is not exclusive, meaning that any Design you use can also be purchased and used by your fellow creators.
Our Commitment to You
Creattie Inc. and its affiliated companies (together: “Creattie”, "us" or "we") are dedicated to providing users with the highest level of transparency and control over the use of their information. In order for us to provide you with our Services we are required to collect and process certain personal information about you and your activity. By entrusting us with your information, we would like to assure you of our commitment to keep such information private. We have taken measurable steps to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of this Information.
You are not legally required to provide us with your “Personal Data” (meaning any information which may potentially allow your identification with reasonable means), but without it we might not be able to provide you with the full range of, or the best experience while using our website(s), mobile application(s) or any other affiliated service (together, the “Services”).
Processing of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you, for provision and operation of our Services, to protect our legitimate interests and for compliance with legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Data will depend on the particular purpose for which your data is being processed, however, we generally use the following:
- Performance of a contract – We will use this basis for processing necessary to make the Services, including support services, available to you, and to send you service communications.
- Consent – In limited cases (where you choose to sign up to receive direct marketing emails, and where you accept cookies on our Services) we will process your Personal Data based on your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details provided below.
- Legitimate interests – We will process your Personal Data based on our legitimate interests in maintaining and improving our Services, such as for the purpose of understanding how our Services are used and improving them, our customer service and support operations, and protecting and securing our users, ourselves and our Services.
- Compliance with a legal obligation - In limited cases we may process your Personal Data where we need to do so to comply with a legal obligation e.g. which is set out in an applicable law, or if we receive an order from a court or regulatory body.
a. Personal Data
In the course of using the Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Data to provide and improve the Service, to contact or identify you, to enable you to access certain parts of the Service, and as otherwise indicated in this Policy. We collect the following Personal Data about you:
- Registration information – when you sign up to use our Services, we will collect your name, your mailing address, your email address, your home and work telephone number, information about your company and your position, and similar contact details. We will also process your payment details via our payment processing providers. However, we do not retain your payment information but only a pseudonymized “token” thereof, or a reduced amount of such payment details which is received from our payment processing providers.
- Information received from you – you may choose to provide us Personal Data voluntarily, such as when you contact us (via a contact form on our Services, e-mail or any other channel, including any support services), or when you provide us with your e-mail address when you sign-up to receive our newsletter. When you participate in one of our surveys, we may also collect additional profile information.
- When using our Services – our server will collect your IP-address, and information about your general location (such as city and country).
- Information from third parties – our Services allows registration using social media accounts such as Facebook or Google. If you choose to connect your Creattie account with your social media account, we will receive information from your social media account such as your profile name, profile picture and additional information depending on such social media platforms and your privacy settings on it. We may also receive from our business partners certain information, such as your contact details (name, phone, email) as well as details pertaining to your company, your job description, etc’.
b. Non-Personal Data
We also collect data about the use of our Service and the characteristics and activities of users, in order to operate it and improve it. We may collect the following non-Personal Data:
- Technical information – when someone visits, interacts with or uses our Services, including by e-mail or text messages sent to them by us or our Services, we may collect or generate technical data about them. This includes data such as visits, the browser you are using and its display settings, your operating system, device type, session start/stop time, referral URL, time zone, network connection type (e.g., Wi-Fi, cellular), and cookie information. We collect or generate such data either independently or with the help of third party services, including through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies. We do not use such data to learn a person’s true identity or contact details, but mostly to have a better understanding on how our users typically use and engage with our Services.
- If we combine Personal Data with non-Personal Data, the combined data will be treated as Personal Data. Further Personal Data will only be stored and processed if you voluntarily provide it to us, e.g. through a contact form.
When you visit or access our Services we use (and authorize 3rd parties to use) pixels, cookies, events and other technologies (collectively, "Tracking Technologies"). Those allow us to automatically collect information about you, your device and your online behavior, in order to enhance your navigation in our Services, improve our Services’ performance, perform analytics and customize your experience. We store Tracking Technologies when you visit or access our Services. These are called "First Party Tracking Technologies". In addition, Tracking Technologies are stored by other third parties (for example our analytics service providers, business partners and advertisers) – these are called "Third Party Tracking Technologies". Both types of Tracking Technologies may be stored either for the duration of your visit on our Services or for repeat visits.
How to Manage Your Tracking Technologies Settings
There are various ways in which you can manage and control your Tracking Technologies settings. Please remember that, by deleting or blocking Tracking Technologies, some of the features of the Services may not work properly or as effectively.
- Below are some links to some commonly used web browsers.
Information about cookies is usually found in the "Help" section of the web browser.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
- Mobile Devices - You can-opt out of certain types of interest-based advertising (or “cross-app” advertising), by accessing the “settings” on your device:
- If you’re using an Apple device you can configure your device to limit ad tracking to by clicking on “settings” > “privacy” > “advertising” and toggling “limit ad tracking” to ‘on.’
- If you’re using an Android device you can opt out of most app-based tracking for advertising by opening the “Google Settings” app on your device, selecting “Ads”, and then selecting the option to opt-out of interest-based ads.
Please note that the above information may change when manufacturers update their systems. Also note, that your device may use another platform, not described above. In that case, please consult the manufacturer documentation for further instructions.
- Provision of service - we will use your Personal Data for the provision and improvement of our Services, including for support and to respond to your queries.
- Service announcements - we will use your Personal Data to communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates to our Services and offer you service offers.
- Marketing purposes - we may use your Personal Data (such as your email address or phone number) for marketing purposes. For example, by subscribing to our newsletter you will receive tips and announcements straight to your email account. We may also send you promotional material concerning our services or our partners' services (which we believe may interest you), including but not limited to, by building an automated profile based on your Personal Data, for marketing purposes.
- Opt-out of receiving marketing materials - You may choose not to receive our promotional or marketing emails (all or any part thereof) by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the emails that you receive from us.
Please note that even if you unsubscribe from our promotional or marketing emails, we may continue to send you service-related updates and notifications, or reply to your queries and feedback you provide us.
Please note that even if you opt-out, we may still use and share your Personal Data with third parties for non-marketing purposes (for example to provide our Services, fulfill your requests, communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, etc.). In such cases, the companies with whom we share your Personal Data are authorized to use your Personal Data only as necessary to provide these non-marketing services.
- Analytics, surveys and research - from time to time, we may conduct surveys or test features, and analyze the data we have to develop, evaluate and improve these features, all in order to improve our Service and think of new and exciting features for our users.
- Protecting our interests - we may use your Personal Data when we believe it’s necessary in order to take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, investigate and protect ourselves from fraud, protect the security or integrity of our services and protect the rights and property of Creattie, its users and/or partners.
- Enforcing of policies - we may use your Personal Data in order to enforce our policies, including but not limited to our client agreement.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements - we may use your Personal Data to investigate violations, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- Internal concerned parties - we share your information with companies in our group, as well as our employees, in order to provide you with our services.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement entities - we cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any data about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our or a third party’s property and rights, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable. We also may be required to disclose an individual’s Personal Data in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate levels of data protection, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your Personal Data. Your data is stored on secure servers and isn’t publicly available. We limit access to your information only to those employees or partners on a “need to know” basis, in order to enable the carrying out of the agreement between us.
While we seek to protect your information to ensure that it is kept confidential, we cannot absolutely guarantee its security. You need to help us prevent unauthorized access to your account by protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your account. You will be solely responsible for keeping your password confidential and for all use of your password and your account, including any unauthorized use. You should also be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of your Personal Data or other content you transmit using the service, and you do so at your own risk.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, trading information, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
European Union Users
If you reside in the EU, you may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Data, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of Personal Data you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your Personal Data that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data.
- Object to the processing of Personal Data by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your Personal Data by us.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
Change your cookie settings
You can allow or block cookies saved by websites on Chrome.
Note: If you don't allow sites to save cookies, most sites that require you to sign in won't work.
You can block or allow all cookies by default. You can also allow cookies from a specific site, while blocking third-party cookies in ads or images on that web page.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More ⋮ Settings.
- Under ‘Privacy and security’, click Cookies and other site data.
- Select an option:
- ‘Allow all cookies’
- ‘Block all cookies (not recommended)’.
- ‘Block third-party cookies in Incognito’
- ‘Block third-party cookies’.
- Important: If you block third-party cookies, all cookies and site data from other sites will be blocked, even if the site is allowed on your exceptions list.
We do not "sell" personal information about our users as most people would typically understand this term. However, we do allow certain third-party partners to collect pseudonymized information about consumers through our Services for purposes of serving ads and related marketing materials that are relevant (including related activities such as campaign measurement and analytics, fraud detection and reporting).
You hereby represent and warrant that: (1) you have read the Agreement, understood the stated therein and you hereby agree to engage with the Company under its terms; (2) your age does not limit you from lawfully engaging in the Agreement and that you are not legally prohibited from entering into the Agreement; (3) you are authorized to enter into and perform the Agreement for yourself or for the entity the details of which were specified upon subscription to our services.
a. In order to use the Company’s services and receive a license for using the Designs as specified in these Terms and in the License, you are required to (i) open an account on the Site, (ii) provide us with your accurate and full details, and (iii) pay any applicable fees, except in case of a free trial account. You are forbidden from providing us with a nonexistent email address or an email address which does not belong to you, impersonating another person or entity, or misleading us in any other way regarding your identity or your payment method information.
b. You are required to protect the confidentiality and safety of the account details (username and password), and you will bear full and exclusive liability for all activities in your account. You must inform us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account.
c. In case you purchase a subscription for multiple seats, you will be required to provide us the relevant details for the access by all users under such subscription.
b. Upon termination of the Agreement for any cause whatsoever, the rights granted to you under these Terms or the License will automatically expire, and you hereby undertake to immediately cease accessing, downloading and using any Designs, except as allowed under the License.
c. You can terminate your monthly subscription at any time by contacting our Customer Support / using the cancellation feature in your account. If you do so, your subscription will be terminated at the end of your current billing period, and you will not be charged thereafter. Until then, you will continue to have access to Creattie services under this Agreement.
You will only be entitled to receive a refund for any fees paid to us if you cancel your subscription within 14 calendar days from the date of its purchase and/or renewal (“Refund Period”) and you did not download any Designs during such Refund Period. You hereby understand and agree that you will not be entitled to any refunds if: (i) you do not ask the Company for refund during the Refund Period; or (ii) you download any Design from the Site during the Refund Period.
For the avoidance of doubt, this Section 4 does not apply to trial accounts, and therefore, if you are a subscriber with a trial account, you will not be entitled to any refund.
a. All the information, the Designs and contents included in the Site and the services offered by the Company, inclusive without limitation of any text, illustrations, graphics, animations, Company’s name, trademarks and logos, including without limitation those used in the Site, are protected by copyrights and intellectual property rights of the Company or of its artists (“Proprietary Content”).
b. You are forbidden from using the Company’s name, trademarks and logos, including without limitation those used in the Site. Moreover, as further specified in the License, you are forbidden from using the original Designs names and/or the artists names or artistic names.
c. You hereby acknowledge and confirm that you do not and will not have any ownership and/or intellectual property rights in the Proprietary Content and/or the Designs and/or the contents of the Site and/or the Site’s trademarks and its design, and that your right is restricted to the limited rights granted to you in these Terms and in the License.
d. The Agreement grants you an authorization to use the Site and the Designs strictly in accordance with the provisions of the Agreement and is conditioned by your undertaking not to violate or be involved in any activities that violate any terms of the Agreement, and specifically in activities which cause the violation of intellectual property rights and/or deviation from the provisions of the License.
a. You hereby acknowledge that any unauthorized use by you and/or by anyone on your behalf of any of the Designs or the Site or in a manner deviating from the conditions of the Agreement, constitute a breach of the Agreement as well as a violation of the copyright laws, and the Company and anyone on its behalf have the full right to exercise all rights and remedies available to it by law in such case. To the extent the violation is done by a third-party using Designs that were downloaded by you or using your subscription (for example: your employees, contractors, clients), then you are responsible for such a violation and you are required to take all possible actions to immediately cease the violation.
b. The Company will be entitled, among other remedies, at its exclusive discretion and without any prior notice, to block your access to the Site and/or its services, temporarily or permanently, in case you violate any applicable law and/or any terms of the Agreement, or in case of an interruption of the Company’s or its Site’s regular activity, and you will have no claim or demand in this regard.
c. Company reserves the right to disclose your personal information or information about your use of the Site inclusive of the content used therefrom without obtaining your permission, if such disclosure is necessary in order to: (1) obey legal requirements or comply with orders issued in a legal proceeding or by a competent authority by any law; (2) enforce the Agreement; or (3) protect the Company’s or anyone else’s rights in the event of a breach of the Agreement by you or anyone on your behalf.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (I) THE SITE AND SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY ARE PROVIDED‘AS-IS’AND‘AS AVAILABLE’WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY OTHER WARRANTY THAT MIGHT ARISE UNDER ANY LAW; (II) COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ITS’SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR IMMUNE TO DAMAGE, MALFUNCTIONS, DEFECTS OR FAILURES IN THE HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS AND LINES, AT THE SITE OR AT ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS; (III) COMPANY WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY IN CASE ANY OF THE DESIGNS IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE SITE, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, DURING THE TERM OF THE AGREEMENT; (IV) COMPANY WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY IN ANY MANNER FOR THE USE OF ANY OTHER ADDITIONAL CONTENTS WHICH YOU MAY INTEGRATE IN THE PROJECTS AND YOU WILL SOLELY BEAR FULL AND EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY FOR USING THEM; (V) COMPANY RESERVES ITS RIGHT TO REMOVE AND/OR ADD DESIGNS TO THE SITE AT ANY TIME AT ITS EXCLUSIVE DISCRETION AND YOU WILL BEAR NO CLAIMS OR ARGUMENTS IN THIS REGARD; (VI) COMPANY WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGE, PECUNIARY OR ANOTHER, WHICH YOU MIGHT INCUR CONSEQUENT UPON: (1) CHANGES COMPANY MAY MAKE TO THE SITE AND ITS SERVICES, ALL OR ANY OF THEM; (2) CEASING, TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY, THE PROVISION OF ITS SERVICES, ALL OR ANY OF THEM; (3) CHANGING, ADDING OR REMOVING ANY OF THE SERVICES’ CHARACTERS OR PROPERTIES, ALL OR ANY OF THEM; (4) CHANGING, ADDING OR REMOVING ANY CONTENTS, RECORDINGS OR DESIGNS FROM THE SITE, ALL OR ANY OF THEM; (VII) COMPANY, OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS OR AGENTS, WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING UNDER OR OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT.
You hereby undertake to indemnify the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, employees, officers, directors, agents, service providers and artists and anyone on their behalf for any argument, claim, damage, loss, loss of profit, payment or expense (inclusive of lawyer’s fee and legal expenses) that might arise due to your use of the Company’s Site and services, your breach of the provisions of the Agreement or any use you make of Company’s services in violation of any applicable law or third-party rights.
b. We may change our subscription plans and their prices from time to time. In such case, we will notify you in advance and such change will only apply to you by your coming billing cycle.
The Company is entitled to assign and/or transfer and/or deliver its rights and/or its undertakings according to the Agreement, in whole or in part, to third parties as it may see fit and at its exclusive discretion. Any such Company’s transferee will, in turn, be entitled to transfer any such rights/undertakings to other parties as it may see fit without having to obtain your consent.
b. Notices according to the Agreement will be given in writing and be sent by email according to the email address you specified in the registration form. Any delivery of a notice by email as stated above will be considered a lawful delivery.
a. You bear responsibility for payment of all taxes and expenses applying to you in connection with the Agreement and/or your use of the Designs, to the extent such may apply. In the event the Company is required to pay any such taxes and expenses on your behalf, we will be entitled to charge you for any such amounts without notifying you.
b. The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Company with respect to your access and use of the Site, the Designs and the Company’s services and any prior or future agreement and/or undertaking and/or declaration not specifically included in the Agreement will not be valid. You hereby waive in advance any claim according to which the Agreement was changed and/or amended and/or canceled by conduct or by any correspondence between you and Company or anyone on its behalf.
c. If and to the extent any provision of the Agreement is decided by court to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will not derogate from the validity of the other provisions of the Agreement.